April 19, 2011

CASE Study #35


Hello again!  I managed to sneak in some stamping time this afternoon to play along with this week's CASE Study.  Here is Silke's gorgeous card to CASE:


Silke's card inspired me to use red, green, and cream, and I also used the same layout.  I just got PTI's Boards & Beams set with my order this month.  It has been on my wish list for a long time, but it jumped to the top when I found out that my brother and his fiancee are moving into a new house, so this card is for them!

I colored the house and tree with Copic markers.  I still need a lot of practice, but I'm happy with how it turned out.  The patterned papers I used are from PTI's Library Ledger and Distressed Dots.

I cut out the house and tree and popped them up on foam dots on a Vintage Cream panel stamped with a sentiment from Boards & Beams.  I scored two lines at the top and bottom of the panel to frame it, another nod to Silke as this is a detail she often adds to her cards.

All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless noted
Cardstock:  Vintage Cream, Kraft
Patterned paper:  Library Ledger, Distressed Dots
Stamps:  Boards & Beams
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Cranberry (Clearsnap), Copic markers
Tools:  Scoring Board (Martha Stewart)
Accessories:  Pure Poppy button, cream ribbon (Michaels), DMC floss, thread

I finished the inside of the card with another sweet sentiment from Boards & Beams and some strips of patterned paper.  I also scored lines at the top and bottom.


So glad you could stop by for another post today!  I appreciate your visits and comments so much!

Have a great night, friends!

27 comments:

Jean Martin said...

Oh my this is gorgeous Christina! And you made the inside too! I love it when you do that. Gorgeous!!!!

Jessica said...

This is so pretty!!! I think this set is going to be in my next PTI order. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comment. I'm also glad to have found yours, so much inspiration. TFS :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I think you coloring is great! Love that you flipped the sketch the other way.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

One word - AMAZING!!!

lostinpaper said...

What a fabulous card! Love your take on the CASE, your colouring is perfect.
Congrats on your win!!!!

kasia c. said...

I love all of the little details in this card, the stitching,the bow/button combo, the scored lines, the finished inside. Fabulous!

That is such a great inner sentiment, I dont think I've noticed that set before. Congrats to your brother & fiancee.

Debbie Carriere said...

Christina, this is fabulous!!! So warm & inviting. Your coloring looks great, too :) Congrats on your win at CASE study!

Karen B. said...

Congrats on your win over at CASE study! This card is a true beauty with a ton of meaning!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness Christina! This is gorgeous! I adore that house and the colors! So so fabulous! Great work!

Jen W. said...

Wow! Gorgeous colouring on the house! This is such a sweet card! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats!

Laurie said...

Holy cow Christina! First off you have made me put this set in my cart! WOW! Congrats too on the CASE win! I can totally see why! This just blows me away!

Jinny Newlin said...

Wohoo! Congrats on your win, Christina! This is beautiful! I LOVE the color and stitching and button and that you finished the inside! Well, I guess that's about everything... Huh? LOL!

Jen Carter said...

Wow!! This is wonderful!! Tons of work went into this and you did fabulous! Great job!

Suzanne said...

Honest to goodness - just utterly fabulous! The coloring is amazing and perfect, Christina! I love it!

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors you choose!! That green house with a red door is wonderful!! Congrat on your win!!

Lisa A. said...

This is so very pretty...love the colors and all the wonderful details!! Congratulations on your win:)!!

xiumaiyuki said...

wooot wooot!!! How awesome is this??!! No wonder it's a winner. You know, I've had this set since it first debut but I've never made anything decent with it... Your gorgeous card here put mine in shame. It's jam packed with amazing details... inside and out!

Diane Jaquay said...

Funny, I saw this card yesterday and thought, that is a WINNER! And then I saw this morning that yes indeed, you won! Totally well deserved Christina, this card is a knock out!!!

Cristina said...

Beautiful card. So perfectly crafted. That's the first set I ever bought from PTI, so I have a soft spot for it. :) Congrats on your CASE Study win!!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Fantastic work inside and out! Your coloring is AWESOME and I love the sentiment inside the card, too!!!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh my word, I think this is one of my absolute favorites so far! I just LOVE the colors they truly pop! And the layout is fantastic, I definitely need to try it. I have always liked the boards and beams...everything looks so great, and the sentiment is SOO sweet :)

Silke Ledlow said...

FABULOUS CASE Christina! I love how you used the colors and the awesome PTI Set (still haven't inked mine up...yikes). I might jsut have to case you now..LOL! All the details are perfect too! Thank you for taking the time to play along! Hugs ~S~

Sue Kohler said...

Congratulations on yet another worthy CASE study win Christina! The colouring is amazing, I love the shading around the windows and your colour combination in the papers is gorgeous! thanks for playing along yet again! :)

Laura Pryor said...

This is totally amazing!!!

Andrea M said...

LOVE this set!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!! Then sentiments stamped in red is just so striking and a perfect compliment to your AWESOME red door! I love those colors for the house too! CONGRATS on your CASE Study win!!! I can totally see why it won - it is EXQUISITE!!!

Amy said...

I was so giddy when I saw that this won!! IT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL! You put so much work into this and it shows.....so glad to see it in the spotlight! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...