April 12, 2011

CASE Study #34, PDCC #76, & Happy Birthday Elise!


Good evening, friends!  I'm back with one more card for today, this time for two challenges ending in just a couple of hours.  The first is this week's CASE Study with a new April Muse, the fabulously talented Silke Ledlow.  I couldn't let the opportunity to CASE one of her cards pass me by!  I also used the gorgeous colors from The Play Date Cafe.

Finally, I'll be linking up this card to the Birthday Blog Hop for Elise at the Just Us Girls blog.  Elise is amazingly creative and leaves the most wonderful comments on her fellow designers' blogs, and when I saw that the JUGS team was celebrating her birthday I knew I wanted to participate.  Elise, this card's for you!  Hope you have a fabulous birthday!






















I was inspired by the large leaf image, the butterflies, and the use of lots of white cardstock on Silke's card.  She always adds wonderful scoring and piercing details, plus perfectly arranged silver pearls, so I knew I wanted to incorporate those elements on my card as well.

The large leaf stamp is from WPlus9's Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, and the butterflies are from Flora & Fauna I.  I stamped the leaves in Wild Wasabi and the butterflies in Pacific Point, then overstamped the butterflies using Ranger's Perfect Medium and brushed them with Perfect Pearls to give them some shimmer.

Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise panels are debossed with PTI's Woodgrain impression plate (I think I might need an intervention, I reach for this plate so often!).  The sentiment is from WPlus9's Spring Post, stamped in Pacific Point and accented with silver pearls.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 Design Studio (Woodgrain Silhouette Additions, Flora & Fauna I, Spring Post)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Woodgrain impression plate), Martha Stewart (Scoring Board), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Michaels (silver pearls), Ranger (Perfect Pearls)

Time to go link this up!  So glad you could stop by tonight, and many thanks for all of the sweet comments on my recent posts.  My blog readers are the best!

Have a great one!

28 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my goodness, this is a STUNNER!! These butterflies look like they're just about to fly right off the screen! Amazing work yet again, my friend!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW Christina, stunningly beautiful card!!! You did a fabulous job with both of these challenges, I fully expect to see this as a winner or top 3 CASE!

Nance said...

This may be inspired by Silke but it's pure Christina! From the beautiful leaves and butterflies to the perfect score lines and debossed cardstock...FABulous as always!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Christina! LOVE how everything just POPS on that white background, and your butterflies are extra sweet! Your designs always inspire me, girl! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Marisa said...

Way to use those colours! Lovely case of Silke's card and the wood grain is a fabulous touch.

Karen said...

Oh gosh! I am totally lovin' this one Christina! Those butterflies are so pretty!

Karen
x

Michele Gross said...

Really Really Pretty! Wonderful way to work the colors :) Glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

Fiona said...

So so pretty Christina :) Thanks for joining in the fun at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Sue Kohler said...

this is amazing Christina, if I didn't know better I would have thought it was a Silke original, you have captured the essence of Silke to perfection!
Congrats on your top 3 position!!
Thank you for joining us for some Silke fun at CASE study this week! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your win, your card totally inspired me last night and then the deadline came and went, but I'll store it away for another mojo lacking day.

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is PERFECTION! So glad you shared it with The Play Date Cafe.

Nicky Hsu said...

Hi Christina, Congrats on your Top 3 of CASE Study#34. This is just stunning and beautiful. I love the striking color and the pearly butterflies.

Rosemary said...

what a pretty card! love all the gorgeous blues and greens!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I loooooooove this! I love the embossed paper--the layering and the CASING of Elise's card. BEAUTIFULLY done:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Amy said...

This is a perfect CASE of Silke! The pearls and the piercing and scoring and well, just everything! Just perfectly gorgeous!!!

xiumaiyuki said...

oooh my goodness... this is soooooo gorgeous!!! I'm not participating in this PDCC since I had a hard time with those colors... BUT, you rocked it here!!! They look soooooo good. It's a winner!!!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow Christina! This one just blew me away! Gorgeous use of colors and CASE!!!

Karen B. said...

Has Dawn asked you to be on her team yet? You totally take these stamps and transform them into amazing creations (well, they are amazing to begin with but you make them spectacular!) I love the way you've used these colors too.

Lindsay said...

This is so well done Christina! I love the texture and those butterflies are gorgeous! Way to go girl!

Silke Ledlow said...

TOTALLY FABULOUS CASE GF! I love your take on the color and the case! Hugs ~S~

Andrea M said...

WOW!!! Ok, that's it! I. MUST. HAVE. THIS. STAMP.SET. You've convinced me through your AMAZING work! This card is STUNNING!!! WOW!!! And the perfect pearls are a perfect touch! WOW! {ok, I've said WOW three times now but I mean it!} Elise will love this card!!! So great that you could play along!!!

Suzanne said...

Christina, DITTO on all the fabulosity of all the other comments! It's A-MAZ-ING!!!!!

shobanarravi said...

WOW! Just super! :) Will def CASE this sometime! :) Wish I had access to such amazing accents! :(

Elise said...

I have to agree with Karen B., in addition to all of your MANY wonderful fans, Christina: DAWN would love THIS! But, on behalf of THE BIRTHDAY {*gasp!*} girl, herself, I have to say... Yeeeeeeee Haaaaawwwwwww! YOU have me blushing and completely all humbled, but TOTALLY excited and flattered by this FANTASTIC crafty, COLOR-IFIC offering! Holy MOLY, this is BEAUTIFUL! If ONE bauble was attached with me in mind, I am TRULY OVERWHELMED with gratitude! I ALWAYS love seeing your work, but on THIS day, I'm positively FLOATING! OUTSTANDING, my dear! I am TICKLED ... blue and green!... with delight! XOXOXOXO!

Laurie said...

Holy cow this is gorgeous Christina! I love that sparkley butterfly! You did a fantastic job with these colors!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card!! Excellent case and love all these colors and how you used them!!

Jessica said...

Beautiful!!! Love the shimmer on the butterfly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...