March 22, 2011

ColourQ #77 & CASE Study #31


Hey there, friends!  Happy Tuesday!  I hope your week is off to a great start.  Mother Nature played a cruel trick on us yesterday and gave us another half inch of snow.  I hear some of you are dealing with more, so let's all hope that this is the last of it for a while!

I'm so excited to share this week's fun colors at the ColourQ!  You may know that I'm not big on purple, but I love this week's inspiration, and I hope you'll give it a try.  I also wanted to play along at CASE Study this week.  Julee's sailboat card is so adorable!























I thought these colors would translate well to a little boy card.  As you can see, I CASEd Julee's design, using a rectangular panel instead of a square to accommodate this cute little car from Waltzingmouse's Half Pint Heroes.  I have been in need of a boy set, and this one is perfect for the little guy in my house who loves all things that go!  The sentiments that come with the set are super fun, too.

I used Concord Crush patterned paper for the card base and PTI's Spring Rain Bitty Dots paper for the smaller panel.  Some Hawaiian Shores dotty ribbon is cinched with a faux chartreuse button, since I didn't have any in my stash.  I cut three cardstock circles using the smallest Spellbinders circle nestie and layered them to give the "button" some thickness.  Then I just punched 4 holes in the middle and threaded it like a regular button.  A few punched, chartreuse circles add balance to the bottom corner.


Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Concord Crush), Papertrey Ink (Simply Chartreuse, Spring Rain, white)
Patterned paper:  Stampin' Up! (Concord Crush), Papertrey Ink (2008 Bitty Dot Basics)
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse (Half Pint Heroes)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black), Clearsnap (Moss Green)
Tools:  Spellbinders (square, circle dies), Fiskars (hole punches)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (Hawaiian Shores ribbon), DMC floss
Coloring medium:  Prismacolor Premier pencils, OMS, Copic marker T1

Here's a peek at the inside, with another one of the cute sentiments and a little star from Half Pint Heroes.


Don't forget to stop by the ColourQ blog to see what the other gals have been up to this week!  You're sure to be inspired!

Thanks for visiting today!  See you back here soon!

15 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you made your button - smart girl :) Darling image and card.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh this is great, my CASE study card is a bit different and I think I like your better.

xiumaiyuki said...

And it is the perfect boy card!!! So stinkin' cute! You worked that purple like no other... It looks so at home there.

Lindsay said...

This is soooo ca-ute! I love how you used the colors! Love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so cute Christina! The colors look fabulous!

Karen said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh now how CUTE is this!!! That image made me smile Christina and you have coloured that little car is beautifully!

You've definitely rocked the challenge GF!

Luv Karen
x

Jen W. said...

Super cute card for a little guy and your colouring on the car is awesome!

Karen B. said...

Such a super duper CA-HUTE card!

Andrea Ewen said...

Too cute, Christina! Love that fabby purple car, the awesome mix of papers and the great ribbon treatment! An excellent CASE of Julee's card! So nice to "see" you over at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Aww Christina, this is so cute!!!

Amy said...

This is absolutely adorable! Cute image and layout! Perfect for a little guy!

E.T said...

Wow i love this! I am SO bad at making cards for men and you just rocked it! Can you do me a favour? If you could please use pop up thingy for the comments, then I can look at your card and comment simultaneously... just a suggestion...
I am a new follower! LOVE your blog so far, just by looking at this card you have inspired me to to go ahead and make a few men cards! Thanks!

Niki Estes said...

So cute!

Andrea M said...

OK, it's been waaaayyyy too long since I've been by here! I've missed some amazing creations recently! Wow! These cards are AWESOME!!! The double stamping really is quite impressive. Such a lovely, crisp image! Oh, almost forgot. Love your CQC card too!!! You colored the car perfectly!!! And it's purple - AWESOME!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a perfect card Christina. Love the cute image and the colors... the button is the perfect embellishment. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...