February 7, 2011

Color Cue 11 & CASE Study 25


Hi there, friends!  I'm just squeezing in before the deadline of the latest Color Cue Challenge over at WPlus9.  I just couldn't miss this gorgeous color combo, but I was waiting for some fabulous new stamps to arrive before playing along.  As it turns out, they worked out perfectly for this week's CASE Study, as well.  Here's the inspiration:

If you haven't seen the February release from WPlus9, you must go check it out.  Seriously, do it now!  I could not wait to get my hands on these babies!  What's not to love about customizable postage stamps and postmarks?  I'm looking forward to playing with these sets more in the near future.

For this card, I CASEd Eva's overall design, the postage stamp edges, and the bird image.  I chose kraft as my neutral (no surprise there, since I love kraft!) and added a bit of a shabby touch with some white acrylic paint and tea dye, plus that gorgeous seam binding.

To make the postage stamp look on the edges of the kraft panel, I simply punched along each edge with a 1/4 inch hole punch.  The kraft panel is also debossed with PTI's Linen & Canvas impression plate for more of an aged look.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, white), Bazzill (kraft)
Stamps:  WPlus9 (Spring Post, Postmarked)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Seaglass, Frost White), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Chai tea dye)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Fillable Frames #4 die, Linen & Canvas impression plate), Spellbinders (Labels 4 die), Fiskars (hole punch)
Accessories:  Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy (seam binding), Stampendous (embossing powder), Delta (acrylic paint)

Isn't that postmark the sweetest thing?  I customized it with my SIL's birthdate.  I can't wait to use this set to add dates to my scrapbook pages, too.  The sentiment is actually two separate stamps.  The Spring Post set has lots of single words in different fonts that can be mixed and matched, which I love.

Okay, gotta go link this up before it expires!  Thanks so much for stopping by tonight!

11 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, how pretty! Love the beautiful bird stamp, and the postage stamp edging around the card!

Jean Martin said...

Oooohhh Christina!!! I loooove this! I love the soft colors and your combination of label dies with the gorgeous ribbon. You're sooo right about the stamps. It's also on my list! Specially the one with butterflies and dogwood!

Jean Martin said...

Oh! Oops! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :) It's a little weird saying that to you since we always leave messages in each other's blog anyway! Haha! :) I hope everything's great with you!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo, somebody's getting inky with new goodies! Yihoo! So, so pretty, Christina! LOVE your bit of soft aqua, seam binding ribbon, too! Thank you so much for playing along with our Color Cue this month!

Jenny said...

Such cute cards hun ... love them! :) :) :)

Sue Kohler said...

this is so elegant Christina, love the aqua with the Kraft! Your patience punching out the 1/2 circles has really paid off, just gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Christina this is so gorgeous..I LOVE IT! Hugs ~S~

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous, Christina! You made these pastels SING!!!!!
Thank you so much for playing with us!! xxx

Kerrianne said...

WOWWWWW!!! My heavens::: gorgeous use of the latest stamp set & color cue...Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wplus9 Designs!

Lisa Petrella said...

Gorgeous card!!! Such a clever idea to create the postage stamp edging on your kraft panel!!! I LOVED those postage stamp sets from Wplus9 when I first saw them but resisted buying them----now you're making me want them again!!!!

Andrea M said...

OMG this is wonderful!!! Love the stamp edging on the card! Lovely layout!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...