February 21, 2011

CASE Study challenge #27 & PDCC69


Hey there, friends!  I have an extra special card to share tonight which is the result of two great challenge blogs joining forces for the week.  We have the option of not only CASEing this beauty from Eva Dobilas at CASE Study, but we can use colors inspired by her card for the current challenge at The Play Date Cafe.  There are great prizes up for grabs, so be sure to check out both challenges to play along! 



























For my card, I CASEd Eva's basic layout and handmade flower.  I use McGill's Floral Petals punch to construct the flower from vintage sheet music.  I just refilled my tea dye ink pad, so the edges are a little over-inked for my taste, but it works!  The leaves were die cut and stamped with PTI's Delightful Dahlia.  That gorgeous red doily was die cut with one of PTI's new Doily Details dies.  Let me tell you, I am in LOVE!  So excited to be able to make these doilies in any color I want!

I die cut Rustic Cream cardstock with Mat Stack 5 and stamped it with BB:  Sheet Music.  The black cardstock panel is also impressed with sheet music.


Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Spring Moss, True Black, Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Delightful Dahlia, Mat Stack 2 Collection, Background Basics:  Sheet Music)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black), Papertrey Ink (Ripe Avocado, Chamomile Tea Dye)
Tools:  McGill (Floral Petals punch), Papertrey Ink (Doily Details, Delightful Dahlia, Mat Stack 5 dies, Sheet Music impression plate), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Queen & Co. (pearl), thread

Thanks for stopping by, friends!  I hope your week is off to a great start!

20 comments:

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Christina :) Great CASE Study card.

Smita said...

Oooh!! Lovely card again, Christina... I want that doily die :-( Gosh, I never thought PTI would be so addictive :D

I love the beautiful flower and the sheet music background.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wowsers! That flower is to die for! Gorgeous, Christina! Hugs xxaxx

Sue Kohler said...

looking like matstack #5 goes on my wish list!!! this is amazing Christina, love all the music patterns and the gorgeous red strip and sentiment at the top- definately a winner!
Thanks for joining in the fun with our combined CASE study and PDC challenge! :)

Lindsay said...

This is just gorgeous Christina! I looove that doily and flower, and the sheet music BG is perfection against the black. LOVE!

Michele Gross said...

Love the music sheet flower! Such a lovely use of the colors and glad you came to have fun with us for the Combined Grind at The Play Date Cafe!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Christina, you've managed to nail both of our challenges this week beautifully! THanks for joining us in the Cafe for Combined Grind week. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely gorgeous case card GF!!! Love this design! Hugs ~S~

Diane Jaquay said...

I LOVE the red doily, it really makes that gorgeous flower POP!!

Kim Singdahlsen said...

This is truly gorgeous! I am so basic that I typically use a plain CS or, if I am feeling wild and crazy, I use a very monochromatic print on my flowers. But your use of music is wonderful - I am going to HAVE to CASE!

Sarah Anderson said...

FaaaaaaaaaaaaB flower and background. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful Christina! Love those musical sheets and the gorgeous flower! Awesome use of the colors, too! Thanks for joining us at our special "Combined Grind" challenge with both The Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

Ruby said...

Ooh lovely! I just love how you've followed the theme of the music through from the embossed background to the stamping, great idea! Gorgeous card!!!! Thanks for joining in with our combined grind over that the Play Date Cafe with CASE Study!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oooo! That flower is, absolutely, stunning, Christina! LOVE that you carried your music theme throughout your design and your fantastic, stitching detail! Thank you so much for playing along, this week, in The Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I tell ya what, music notes and sheet music just never get old. It works so well on your card and I just love it! Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Amy said...

Wow!!! This is fantastic and I see that new doily peeking out there! Looks soo great layered under your sheet music flower!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Another amazing card, Christina! I love the embossing :D
Thank you so much for joining us at CASE Study for a "combined grind" challenge!

Jean Martin said...

Christina you already have that new die!!!! I'm soooo jealous! I haven't ordered yet. I'm waiting for the waves to settle. :) Gorgeous card as always dear! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge this week! :)

Andrea M said...

Christina this is FABULOUS!!! I love what you did with the PDC colors! WOW!

Laurie said...

Holy cow! There is my favorite sheet music! This card is gorgeous!! WOW!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...