January 18, 2011

PDCC #64, CASE Study #22, & CARDS blog challenge


Hey there!  It's me again with my 2nd post of the day.  I'm trying to catch up with some challenges, and this time I'm playing along with the colors at the Play Date Cafe and the latest CASE Study.  Have a look at the inspiration:

I'll also be entering this in the current challenge at the CARDS blog to use butterflies.

This was hard to photograph for some reason, but the colors I used are PTI's Fine Linen and Soft Stone and SU!'s Baja Breeze.  The Baja DSP is from Elegant Soiree, and the Fine Linen paper is from Distressed Dots.  

I used PTI's larger butterfly die and stitched it onto a label cut from Soft Stone cardstock.  The sentiment is actually stamped with Baja Breeze, although it looks a little gray here.  The sentiment is from PTI's Signature Series:  Butterfly.

The pearls started out white but were colored with a T4 Copic marker to match them to the Soft Stone cardstock.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Soft Stone)
Patterned paper:  Stampin' Up! (Elegant Soiree DSP), Papertrey Ink (Distressed Dots)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Signature Series:  Butterfly)
Ink:  Stampin' Up! (Baja Breeze), Copic marker (T4)
Tools:  Spellbinders (Labels 1 die), Papertrey Ink (butterfly die), We R Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Queen & Co. (pearls), thread

There's nothing particularly innovative about this card, but I enjoy these soft colors and think they are especially pretty in person.  I hope you enjoy them too!

Thanks for stopping by again today!  Have a good one!

27 comments:

Aimes said...

What a gorgeous, fresh card! Love all of your stitching especially!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jen W. said...

Love that ruffled ribbon and also how you stitched the butterfly to the label - nice touch!

Sarah Anderson said...

What a GoRGeouS card! I especially love the ruffled ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe this week :)

Fiona said...

I love your soft card Christina! Beautiful use of the PDCC colours this week :) Thanks for playing along with us!

Amy said...

Oh I knew the moment I saw your card what challenge it was for! Beautiful job combining several challenges....I especially adore the stitching you did for the butterfly body and antenae!

Lindsay said...

I looove this card Christina! That bunched ribbon really makes an impact and that butterfly is fabulous with the stitching! Very nice.

Karen B. said...

Oh, this is so soft and pur-ty!

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! That ribbon is just so PERFECT! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

Jean Martin said...

Ooooh Christina this is gorgeous! I love what you did with the colors and the sketch!

Chris said...

Super! Love the stitching, rounded corners and that crunched up ribbon - perfect!

Thanks for playing along with Case Study this week, I'm having so much fun as the sponsor!

Andrea M said...

Christina this is MAGNIFICENT!!!! Love the ribbon treatment!!! WOW!!! great job girl!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh Christina, you never EVER fail to amaze me... LOVE it. So much :) Thanks for playing!

xiumaiyuki said...

What a fantastic use of these colors! so soft and so pretty! The stitching on that butterfly brings it to life....and that ribbon treatment is my fav!

Cristina said...

Beautiful, Christina (your cards always are!). I love the color palette and the stitching on the butterfly is killer. Thanks SO MUCH for playing with us at CASE Study (and for being one of my new followers! I've been an admirer of your cards for a long time now so I was psyched when I saw that :))!

Jinny Newlin said...

So beautiful, Christina! LOVE your scrunched ribbon and stitching details! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Cafe!

Nance said...

{Squeal}, love this beautiful card and your ribbon treatment is FABulous! Gorgeous colors, Christina and your sewing is always perfection especially the butterfly antennae--OMG! {{hugs}}

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful! Love that ribbon all smushed up like that, and the layout is just right. We're so glad you shared it with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this card, Christina!! You know me and butterflies and the colours are great as is the stitching of the butterfly body and antena. Stunning card :)

Brenda said...

I adore all the details on your card! Awesome sewing! THe colours are so soft and really fit right in with the challenge. Stunning card! Love all the textures!

Sue Kohler said...

I always look forward to seeing your name at CASE study, this week I couldn't wait to see your creation up close! You never fail to impress, the stitching on the butterfly is pure brilliance as are the combination of colours, paper and the ribbon!! :)

Dana said...

This is delightful! I love the soft, pretty colors. And your stitching is such a bonus!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is really beautiful, great DP's you've used. LOVE how you stitched the butterfly body and antennas. So glad you joined us at the Play Date Cafe.

Ruby said...

Stunning card! I have that butterfly die, what a fab idea using it with stitching, it looks gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is really beautiful - how did you bunch up that ribbon so perfectly??

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS!! Love the ribbon treatment, all of the stitching, and all of the different patterned papers you used!!! Beautiful attention to detail!!!

Jen Carter said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love how you bunched your ribbon and colored the pearls to gray! I really like the butterfly and the pattern on it!

Shelley Germann said...

I love when you do subtle cards like this...I just don't think I have that in me. It comes so naturally with you. It's just beautiful with the ribbon and butterfly. Oh, and the STITCHING!!!! Yeah, love that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...