December 12, 2010

Curtain Call Act 60 & CASE Study #18


Hello, friends!  It's time for another Curtain Call Color Challenge!  Stacey has picked a festive photo and color combo to help you get at least one more holiday card done.  I paired them up once again with the current CASE Study challenge featuring a card by Nina Brackett.  Here's the inspiration:


I decided to CASE Nina's handmade flower and layout.  I used a leaf die from PTI to cut petals from Pure Poppy felt, then gathered them at the base and added some stitching.  The sentiment is another $1 find from Michael's, stamped with Dark Chocolate ink and colored with a Copic marker.  The Certainly Celery layer is embossed with a Sizzix folder.


Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamp:  Studio G (sentiment)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Copic marker
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (leaf die, medium scallop border die), Sizzix (embossing folder)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (felt, button), Queen & Co. (pearls), DMC floss

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life



and December Guest Designer, Maureen Plut at Buttons & Bling.

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a fabulous Sunday!

27 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty Christina! I LOVE the felt flower!

Inkyfingers said...

Wow - that flower is too gorgeous for words and the embossed backround really sets it off.
Hugs
Carol x

lotte chew said...

beautiful! love the embossed background :)

Dawn said...

just a beautiful card!

Laurie said...

Christina....wow!!! This is just gorgeous!! That flower is amazing! Love it!

Amy said...

Oh Christina! I'm swooning over that flower! That is on my list of things to do soon....learn to sew. This is stunning!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Christina. Love the gorgeous felt flower. :o)

Laurel said...

Love that flower, how pretty!

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Christina! Love the flower!

Maureen said...

what a stunning flower!! It reminds me of the new pti die they are bringing out this month!!! I love poinsettias and this is going to leave a smile on my face all day :)

Cristina said...

This is gorgeous, and that flower is such a showstopper! Thanks for joining in at CASE Study!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Christina! Love your flower!

Lindsay said...

This is superb Christina! I looove the pops of red from the flower to the sentiment to the pearls! Well done!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous use of these colors and the flower is fabulous!! Love the embossing.

Jean Martin said...

Wow Christina I love that flower! I totally have no patience to sew anything like that! You do them so well! What a wonderful card! :)

xiumaiyuki said...

That flower is just divine!!! A CAS perfection! I'm gonna have to learn this flower tutorial....so I don't have to buy the new Pti blooms builder. Thanks, girlie!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL case!!! The felt flower is fabbo :) !!! I so need a new sewing machine!!! Love that extra detail on a card!!! Have a wonderful Sunday!!! Hugs ~S~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is stunning, love the CAS look!

Makiko Jones said...

Beautiful card and case!! I love the felt poinsettia...great use of the leaf die!

Sue Kohler said...

a fabulous card Christina, love love love your handmade flower (must get one of those dies!) and the random pearls are superb!! thank you for sharing your talent at CASE study this week! :)

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous!! That flower is wonderful!! It looks just like the flowers that PTI is releasing this month! Love the stitching on it too! Very very pretty!

Debbie Carriere said...

This is so pretty!! I love the colors. Wonderful job on the flower :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm soo head over heels for this felt flower, Christina... I MUST get some felt, it's perfect for cards! I'm glad you took the time to play with us again! xxx

Julie said...

Just beautiful! I love the embossing and the felt on this! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study this week.

Nance said...

OMG, this is stunning! That flower is scrumptious and I love the stitching. Wonderful use of the colors and a beautiful CASE.

Laurie said...

This is over the top beautiful! That flower is amazing! Great job here! Wow...I just love that stitching!!

Noelle said...

What a beautiful poinsettia! I am particularly FOND of the sentiment too, lol;) Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...