December 5, 2010

Curtain Call Act 59 & CASE Study #17

(ETA:  Supply list)
Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Basic Gray, Real Red, Always Artichoke), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Stampin' Up! (Northern Hearts), Papertrey Ink (Signature Christmas)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Cranberry), Versamark
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (tree die, medium scallop border die), Sizzix (embossing folder)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (buttons), The Twinery (baker's twine), Ranger (Candy Cane Stickles), Stampendous (clear embossing powder), ribbon, thread

Hi friends!  Sorry for the late post for this week's Curtain Call Color Challenge, but I've had Blogger issues this morning.  I think they're solved for the moment, so on to the challenge!

Stacey has me feeling festive this week with a seasonal color combo with a twist, adding Basic Gray to the standard red, green, and white.  I also used this week's CASE Study Challenge as inspiration, which is a vintage beauty by Nina Brackett.



I stamped the snowflakes (from SU's Northern Hearts) in Versamark, then heat embossed with clear powder.  The tree was die cut, trimmed, then embossed with a Sizzix folder.  I thought the holly berries in the embossed design would be fun highlighted with red Stickles, but I'm not sure about the result.  I think it's because they aren't evenly distributed over the tree.  I added the buttons to try to balance it out a bit.

Sorry for the lack of photos today, but my camera is still having problems.  It took numerous tries to get this one photo somewhat in focus.  Hmmm....I think I may have to revise my Christmas wish list.

The Curtain Call Crew has samples to show you today, too, so make sure you stop by to see:

Jean Martin at Stampin' Scrapper
Julie Lacey at Stamps & Taxes
Laurel Seabrook at Seabrook Designs
Makiko Jones at MakInk Studio
Monika Davis at M.A.D. Stamper
Piali Biswas at Touch of Creation
Silke Ledlow at My Life



and December Guest Designer, Maureen Plut at Buttons & Bling.

...then play along with us and post your Curtain Call Color Challenge creation using Mr. Linky back at Stacey's Stamping Stage.

I'm so excited to see Maureen as our Guest Designer this month!  Make sure you hop over and give her a warm welcome.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a good one!

16 comments:

Laurel said...

OH how beautiful!

Jean Martin said...

Christina! What a wonderful holiday card! This is fabulous! I'm sorry to hear about your camera. I hope you get a new one for Christmas! ;)

Cristina said...

Beautiful! Love all the embossing (the tree, the snowflakes). A bright, classic card.

Nance said...

Simply lovely, Christina! Love, love, love your debossed tree offset and the stickles and buttons make it stellar! The baker's twine is the perfect holiday touch.

Makiko Jones said...

Pretty Christmas card Christine!! Love the ribbon & baker's twine combo and embossed tree!

Maureen said...

thanks for the warm welcome, Christina!! Love your embossed tree with the mixture of buttons and bling!! LOL You know I would love that!! So excited to play along with you talented gals this month :)

Marisa said...

Fun case study card and great use of this week's colours. Love the touch of baker's twine up top.

Ayana Posadas said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I love the embossing on the tree.
What a lovely holiday card, Christina. :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Christina. I love that embossed tree... wanted to get that die myself, but didn't do it... now it's too late... great use of the colors. :o)

xiumaiyuki said...

This beautiful card truly capture the spirit of Christmas!!! I love what you did with that tree....and the embossed snowflakes are divine!!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Christina! Love your take on the colors!

Chris said...

Such a cheerful and fun card. I'm so glad you could join the CASE study challenge this week - I'm so excited to be their sponsor!

Amy said...

Ok, this makes the 3rd card this morning I've seen using this darn tree die WITHOUT the stamp set! Now, I have to go put it in my cart!! Love how you embossed the tree and gave it so much dimension!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super cool card this week, Christina! Beautiful, simple design, and I've been drooling over that Christmas tree for far too long, lol
I'm so glad that you took the time to participate in our challenge this week! xxx

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous Christina...what a perfect take on the colors and I soooooo love the tree too!!! Got to use mine soon...LOL!!! Hugs ~S~!

Sue Kohler said...

How yummy is this one! love tree, I have been tossing up getting that one myself, the embossing looks fabulous! Good to see you back at CASE study again! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...