November 16, 2010

CASE Study challenge #14

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Terracotta Tile, Smoky Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, Rustic White)
Patterned paper:  Basic Grey (Ambrosia)
Stamps:  Unity (Quote bundle pack)
Ink:  Inkadinkadoo (Black), Ranger (Antique Linen), Copics
Tools:  Spellbinders (Label 8 die), Martha Stewart (butterfly punch), Papertrey Ink (Diamond impression plate)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Me & My Big Ideas (rhinestones), DMC floss, Mod Podge, black paint

Hi folks!  I'm a happy woman tonight because my hubby is back home!  {big sigh}  Life is good, friends.

So, are you ready for something completely different?  For this week's CASE Study Challenge, I made a plaque for my craft room.  You may be wondering how I arrived at this creation based on the inspiration from Heather Pulvirenti this week.  I'll fill you in on the details, but first take a look at Heather's fantastic card:


I decided to CASE three features of this card:  first, I wanted to use an inspirational quote; second, I knew I would use the scrunched, turquoise ribbon; and third, I used a non-standard size (Heather's card is not the standard A2 size).

Once I chose the quote stamp (from Unity), I realized it was going to be a little too big to make it work on a card front and still be able to use the Basic Grey butterfly paper I had in mind.  So browsing through my local A.C. Moore store, I came across this wooden sign and hatched a plan to make a wall plaque to put over my craft table.

I think most of the details are fairly obvious, but I will point out that I used PTI's Diamonds impression plate on the Smoky Shadow cardstock and added stitching with black floss down one side.  The blue gems were originally clear, colored with a Copic marker, and I colored the little flowers on the stamped image with an orange Copic.

I'd better get this posted so I can link it up!  Thanks for stopping by tonight!

17 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is an amazing and inspirational piece of art!

Jean Martin said...

Wow Christina! This is beautiful! I specially like those butterflies! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOW. This is totally amazing, girl!! I love everything - the layout, the colours, the fact that you decided on a 3D item - LOVE!!

Marisa said...

Love it! That DP is wonderful and I love how you cut one of the butterflies out to put on the corner of the sentiment.

Sue Kohler said...

my my Christina you have been busy, again this is stunning, I love the black contrast with the orange and blue! good to see you squeezed in for another week!! :)

Lindsay said...

Awesome project Christina! I love what you did with it! So so clever!

Chris said...

What a super plaque! Good inspiration! :) I really enjoyed being the sponsor this week for CASE study - thanks for playing along!

xiumaiyuki said...

*thud* I can't stop looking at this. It's GORGEOUS!!! Love how every details is exquisite...the ribbon treatment, those stunning butterflies & matching DP, the sentiment...For some reason, there's a lot going on but it does NOT seem crowded at all! Perfect!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous! Love the paper, the butterflies, the words... lovely job with the challenge Christina. Congrats on being in the 3.

Niki Estes said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love the papers, colors, everything!

Heather P. said...

Oh wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW!!! This is amazing Christina!!! Beautiful work!

Smita said...

OMG!! This is the awesomest thing ever!! Love it!!!

Hugs,
Smita

apricotjam0826 said...

could you tell me how to make this frilled ribbon?

Amy said...

I think you CASE'd Heather perfectly! What a neat piece of decor.....I'm sure it will look lovely in your craft room!

Shelley Germann said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! You rocked the challenge...really rocked it!

Nance said...

Just catching up on my Google Reader---WOW, this is amazing and a perfect take on the inspiration. Congratulations on your top 3 spot at Case Study--bet you're thrilled. Well-deserved too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...