November 9, 2010

CASE Study challenge #13


Hello there, friends!  Why yes, it's me again, rushing to post before a deadline!  I did manage to finish this card this afternoon, but life with young children being what it is, here I am getting it linked up with no time to spare.  This card is for the newest CASE Study challenge, featuring a new Muse of the month, the awesomely talented Heather Pulvirenti.  Oh how excited I was to see her name in lights over on the CASE Study blog!  She was one of the first bloggers I started following, and she never fails to inspire with impeccable designs and fantastic color choices.  Shall we take a look at the inspiration for this week?  


Gorgeous, right?  I chose to CASE the super-versatile layout, and I was also inspired to use turquoise and leaves.  Instead of stamping the leaves, though, I pulled out my neglected Green Tea Leaves dp from PTI.  After the card was finished, I decided to add some tea dye to the edges, but I do wish I had left them clean like on Heather's card.  

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Hawaiian Shores)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (Green Tea Leaves)
Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo (Dot Flourishes), Papertrey Ink (Butterfly Dreams), Verve (free sentiment with purchase)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Chai Tea Dye), Versamark
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (butterfly die, Linen & Canvas impression plate), Martha Stewart (butterfly punch), EK Success (corner rounder)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Queen & Co. (pearls), thread

The details:
1.  Make card base from Vintage Cream cardstock and round bottom corners.  Cut another card-sized cream panel and round bottom corners.  Stamp with flourish and sentiment.  Deboss with linen impression plate.
2.  Trim patterned paper and round bottom corners.  Adhere to cream panel and stitch edges.  Adhere to card base and wrap with Hawaiian Shores ribbon.
3.  Die cut and punch butterflies, then stamp and ink edges.  Attach pearls to body and adhere to card.

That's all for tonight!  I'm so glad you stopped by.  I do appreciate each and every one of your comments and especially my followers!   And to show you just how grateful I am, I just may have a little something for you on the blog tomorrow, so I hope you'll keep an eye out for it.  *wink*

Have a good one!

15 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulous case, Christina!! Love the flourish with the butterflies and the colour combo is great.

PinkBlingCrafter said...

OMG beautiful colors and cards:) Love them

Sue Kohler said...

Great to see you just squeezed in with this stunner! Love the colours and the paper goes straight to my wish list!! Hope you have managed to order your MFT rolled flower dies, they are well worth the investment, I know you will make them sing!! :)

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous Christina! I adore this card!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous cards love them :) :) :) :) :)

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful card Christina!!! Just gorgeous! :)

Jen Carter said...

LOVE it!! This is so pretty! I love the whimsical feel of the butterflies flying about! Love the flourish you used too! So perfect!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is such a pretty card, and I love these colors together!

Niki Estes said...

I absolutely love this, Christina! The butterflies look so neat with the flourish!

Smita said...

Brilliant card, Christina! Love the blue :-)

Heather P. said...

This is totally FAB! Love, love, love this! :)

Tammy said...

Very pretty. You did a great job taking on the inspiration at Case Study!

Lynn said...

Beautiful card! I love the pretty swirls and butterflies! Great job with the challenge!

Nance said...

Gorjuss, Christina! Beautiful case of the inspiration card--love the swirls!

Noomiy said...

wow! lov combination of colours! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...