November 2, 2010

CASE Study challenge #12, PDCC #53 & Caardvarks


Hi again!  If you haven't seen the latest ColourQ challenge, be sure to scroll down for this week's colors and my card!

Tonight I want to share my submission for the latest CASE Study challenge.  It's based on another wonderful card by Barbara Anders which is a perfect combination of kraft, black, and soft white.  That got me thinking about the color splash challenge at the Play Date Cafe, so I decided to combine the two.

I needed to make a card for a friend's December wedding, and I think these colors are the perfect fit.  I chose to use Barbara's card design and use heat embossing in place of the dry embossed snowflakes on her card.  I also added scored lines around the sentiment similar to Barbara's.

Instead of snowflakes, I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets, WPlus9's Mehndi Medallions.  I know I've said it before, but Dawn's stamps are some of the very best I have ever used.  They are incredibly detailed, easy to use, and give a crisp, clear image every time, even for a sometimes lazy and rushed stamper like myself!  I'm not affiliated with WPlus9 in any way, but when I find something I really love, I think you should know about it too!

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (True Black, white)
Stamps:  WPlus9 (Mehndi Medallions)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Black, Chianti)
Tools:  Martha Stewart (scoring board), EK Success (corner rounder)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Queen & Co. (pearls), Stampendous (clear embossing powder)

Here's how I did it:
1.  Create a card base from black cardstock.  Round the bottom corners.
2.  Cut a slightly smaller block of white cardstock and round the bottom corners.  Stamp and heat emboss border and medallion images.
3.  Stamp and heat emboss sentiment near the bottom of the white panel.  Add two scored lines around the sentiment.
4.  Adhere burgundy ribbon and bow around white panel, just above the stamped border.  Adhere the whole panel to the card base.
5.  Embellish with burgundy pearls.

I also finished the inside of the card, which makes it eligible for the Caardvarks inside and out challenge.


It's hard to see, but there are two scored lines on the inside of the card, too.  They add a nice, subtle detail.

Thanks once again for stopping by, friends!  I've been getting behind on making comments lately since my computer died, but hopefully I'll be getting a new monitor soon so I don't have to share my hubby's laptop.  I hope to catch up with you soon!

21 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Beautiful design work, Christina...so lovely to have you in The Cafe with us this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous CAS card Christina!!! Love the rich color combo! Hugs ~S~

Sue Kohler said...

what a beautiful card, again so elegant! you have rocked the colours and the inspiration with this beauty! Thanks for joining us again!! :)

Piali said...

Gorgeous!!!!
I love it!!

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous Christina! I love it every time you use the Mehndi Medallions! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How LOVELY, Christina! These stamps look terrific against the plain background:) Thank you for playing! xxx

Lindsay said...

What a fun card Christina! I just love those medallions!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card, love the medallion images! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

PinkBlingCrafter said...

Beautiful card!!! love the ribbon color with the stamped medallions!!!

Marisa said...

Darling card, Christina :)

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

SUPER DUPER GORGEOUS!!!!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, in fact....I just ordered this set because of your card! I've been seeing this set and kept putting off buying it, but your card put me over the edge! :)

carole-ish said...

beautiful card, christina!!
wow. ;)

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is just so stunning. I have got to get that stamp set, everytime I see someone use it, I just swoon!

Sarah Anderson said...

I love how you've used these medallions as snowflakes. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the cafe :)

Linda Beeson said...

I have those medallion stamps and you have so inspired me to use them! LOVE everything about your card.

jen said...

This is gorgeous! I'm sure your friends will love it! Congrats on your PDCC win!

Nance said...

Stunning card Christina--love what you do with those medallions! And the inside is just as elegant as the outside. Big hugs for your PDCC win--go girl!!

Jen Carter said...

I LOVE this card! Beautiful colors and layout and I love how you used the lace border! I just got this set too so I can't wait to play with it more!

xiumaiyuki said...

STUNNING inside and out! You are right, Dawn's stamps are some of the best on the market. And woot, woot on your win! How awesome and yet sooooooooooo well deserved!!!

Amy said...

Between you and Jen with this set, I'm going to HAVE to buy it! It's been a favorite ever since it's release! This card is beautiful and Congrats on the Cup of the Week! Well deserved with this beauty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...