October 8, 2010

colourQ 53 & CASE Study 9


Happy Friday!  I have just a quick post for you tonight.  This one is for two challenges, colourQ 53 and CASE Study 9.  This week brings a new Muse to the CASE Study challenge, the wonderfully talented Barbara Anders.  You can see her inspiration card and the colourQ colors below:



I hadn't made one of these handmade flowers for a while, so that was the focus of my card.  I really love the look of the text on the flower, so I stamped each layer with Background Basics:  Text Style in white ink.  I also used PTI's Book Print impression plate on the white panel, which looks great in person but is hard to capture in photos.

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! (Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz), Papertrey Ink (white)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Background Basics:  Text Style)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Frost White)
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (Beautiful Blooms dies, Book Print impression plate), Martha Stewart (leaf punch), EK Success (corner rounder, border punch)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (button), thread, DMC floss

I also CASEd the design of Barbara's card, though I used a landscape orientation for mine.  I didn't have any orange ribbon, so I just hand stitched a strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock.

I'll be offline tomorrow while family is visiting for my son's birthday, but don't forget to check back on Sunday for the latest Curtain Call color challenge!  Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Nance said...

Fantastic card Christina! I love your use of the Q colors--you've made happy perky colors look rich and elegant. And a fabulous CASE of Barbara's card too. Happy birthday to your son--enjoy the weekend! :-)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Christina! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wreat CAS design, wonderful clean & crisp look! So glad you played with us again, girlie :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your flower came out terrific in the blues with the orange button center.

Smita said...

Lovely lovely card. I'm still wondering if I can play along ... I don't have anything (CS, ink) in these colors :-(

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the stamping on the felt, it adds an extra dimension to your pretty flower! Really beautiful card Christina!

Lindsay said...

Fun fun Christina! I love what you did with the colors and that flower is so fun!

Aimes said...

What a super CAS design - I love those colours~!
Thanks for playing along with us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow! Strikingly gorgeous! Those bold, vibrant colors really catch the eye! Love that fabby flower as well! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

LeAnne said...

Awesome! Such a beautiful creation--simple yet striking! Thanks so much for playing the CQC this week!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful case Christina! Love the sweet felt flower! Hugs ~S~

Amy said...

I love all the stamping on the flowers....what a nice touch.....great use of these colors! I was stumped with these :)

Chris said...

Great color palette. :) Thanks for playing along with the CASE study challenge, what fun to be their sponsor this week!

Laurie said...

So pretty! The white panel with the IP is a great use of white space! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...