October 26, 2010

CASE Study challenge #11


Hello again!  I have a quick post to share with you tonight, with my submission for this week's CASE Study Challenge.  This week's inspiration comes from Barbara Anders' blinged-out beauty in pink and kraft.  Check it out:


My first thought was to use the new Distressed Dots paper from PTI, and I saw it as a chance to break in one of the Vintage Ornament dies in place of the star.  (But then I added a star, too!)

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Aqua Mist)
Patterned paper:  Papertrey Ink (Distressed Dots)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Vintage Ornaments, Background Basics:  Tin Types, Boxes, Bags, & Tags)
Ink:  Clearsnap (Cranberry, Seaglass, Frost White), Versamark Frost
Tools:  Papertrey Ink (ornament die), Marvy Uchida (star punch)
Accessories:  Michaels (rhinestone flourish), Ranger (Perfect Pearls), Papertrey Ink (ribbon), Sakura (silver pen)

The ornament, star, and green cardstock panel were brushed with Perfect Pearls for shimmer, and the edges were sponged with white ink.  I sponged the edges of the Rustic Cream card base with aqua ink.

Okay, sorry for the short post!  I'm so glad you stopped by, and I hope to have another post to share soon!  Night!

7 comments:

Jean Martin said...

Hi Christina! I'm still not feeling well. But I still try to browse through my favorite blog sites. It seems you have your new PTI products!!! I'm soooo jealous!!! Vintage Ornaments is on my list too!!!! Fabulous card by the way! Love all that bling! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So cool, Christina! I'm jealous about the PTI stuff too, lol! I really like those ornaments... thanks for playing with us again! xxx

Smita said...

Love the bright colors on your cards and the beautiful flourish!! I've missed quite a bit on your blog, I can see... hurrying along to catch up!

Hugs,
Smita

xiumaiyuki said...

Stunning, stunning card!!! The blings really "smesh" beautifully with that distressed PTI paper. I am eyeing out those paper pad myself...your card might have sealed the deal for me.

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

How beautiful! Love the combo of classy and sparkly!

Amy said...

I like how you added the ornament with the star! This is a great case study card!

Laurie said...

Those polka dots are just perfect! Love your take on the CASE card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...