September 20, 2010

CASE Study challenge #6


Hello!  How's your Monday going so far?  I battled a sore throat and fatigue all weekend, but I think I'm on the mend.  To get back in the swing of things, I decided to tackle the CASE Study Challenge featuring this lovely card by Mariana Grigsby.


I went in three different directions before I settled on this quirky, colorful mini card.  I used Mariana's layout, scalloped border, and fun patterned paper, but chose a a smaller card base ( 4 in X 4 in) to better suit the stamped image.  The pumpkin and sentiment are from PTI's 2009 Autumn Tags.  I did a lot of masking in order to ink it up in three different colors, but I wanted to coordinate it with the paper.

The patterned paper is from DCWV's Amber Autumn Stack, and I love the unexpected addition of lavender to the fall colors.

Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink (Lavender Moon, Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Rustic White)
Patterned paper:  DCWV (Amber Autumn Premium Stack)
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (2009 Autumn Tags)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Chai Tea Dye), Martha Stewart (Curry), Clearsnap (Lettuce)
Tools:  EK Success (circle & scallop circle punches, tag punch, corner rounder), Fiskars (border punch)
Accessories:  Papertrey Ink (jute twine), thread

This was a fun size to make, and I think the "enjoy" sentiment makes it perfect to accompany a mini loaf of pumpkin bread for a friend.

So glad you stopped by today!  I hope your week is off to a great start!

11 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I just love the fun, non traditional colors you used on this card Christina!

Karen B. said...

Hey this unique fall color combination is so much fun!

Jean Martin said...

It's such a fun card Christina! Glad to hear you are doing better!

Lindsay said...

Great color scheme! I love your take on it!

Nance said...

LOVE this color combination,Christina. The addition of lavender makes it so fresh and modern! As usual, your stitching is the perfect addition. Love it!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Simply gorgeous colours on this one, Christina... I agree that the touch of lavender makes all the difference! LOVE it!! Thanks for playing again :)

Jenny said...

Such a pretty card, so lovely ... :) :) :) :)

Sue Kohler said...

Oh, I love this this patterned paper Christina! overall an absolutely yummy card! Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

Aimes said...

Hope you're feeling a bit better by now!!!
Such a sweet li'l card - I love those colours together!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous! I, too, like the addition of the lavender. It doesn't work in my mind but it sure works on paper! Love the size of the card as well, the whole thing is so darn cute! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Jen Carter said...

You combined these elements perfectly! I love the patterned paper mixed with the pumpkin! Fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...