September 14, 2010

CASE Study challenge #5


Hi folks!  I'm back, as promised!  If you missed my earlier post, be sure to scroll down to see who received a lovely blog award from me today.

Tonight's card is for the latest CASE Study Challenge, which features September Muse Mariana Grigsby.  Check out this stunning card!



There is so much to love about this card.  I decided to CASE the layout and the dimensional flowers on a spiral stem.  I have had this patterned paper in my stash for a while, and it seemed perfect for this card. I cut out two extra flowers to pop up on dimensional adhesive.  To the centers I added some Glossy Accents and clear glass beads for some sparkle.  I also added Glossy Accents to the little dots in the patterned paper, to mimic the use of the pearls in the original.  You can't see it in these photos, but the background paper has a bit of shine to it, as well.

Cardstock:  Bazzill (kraft)
Patterned paper:  Cloud 9 Design
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink (Mega Mixed Messages, Boxes, Bags, & Tags)
Ink:  Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate)
Tools:  EK Success (corner rounder)
Accessories:  Michaels (ribbon, glass beads), Ranger (Glossy Accents), thread

For the inside I cut out another flower and adhered it over a stamped flourish.


I only have one question:  how in world do people get their bows so perfectly straight?!  I'll have to work on that.  :)

Thanks for stopping by again tonight!  I hope to see you back here soon!

13 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this card Christina! I think your bow looks wonderful btw, just as good as a straight bow ;)

Marisa said...

Love the DP you used and love the flourishes.

Nance said...

Beautiful as usual Christina! I was thinking your bow was fabulous. Great CASE of the muse card. Your glossy accents and beads are stunning!

Niki Estes said...

Beautiful card, Christina! I love the papers, colors, and flowers. I love how you finished the inside of your card, too.

Andrea Ewen said...

That's exactly how you get your bows straight...working on it. It's a forever learning process! Love your super card, very well CASEd and lovely color combination. And you know what? Sometimes crooked ribbons give off much more charm than perfect ones! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Christina, this card is PERFECT! Seriously, how cool are these colours together?! Thanks so much for playing with us again!! Oh, and good question about the bows... if you learn how to make a straight one, please share! haha

Jean Martin said...

What do you mean?! You made a great bow right there! :) I looove your card!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful case! Love those glass beads in the flower centres!

Lindsay said...

This is lovely Christina! I love the papers and your bow looks great.

Ayana Posadas said...

SO pretty! I love the paper and the flourishes!

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card! I love all that stitching & your bow looks fabulous :) (but I would love a tutorial on getting a straight bow, too - LOL!)

Sue Kohler said...

How stunning Christina, loving the colours you have chosen, they work so well with the flowers and the layout! Congrats on your top 3 win! Thanks for joining us yet again at CASE study! :)

Nerina said...

*thuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk* Sigh. This is totally off the wall gorgeous! I see from the previous comment that you've made the top 3 in the challenge! So totally and completely well deserved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...