September 6, 2010

CASE Study challenge #4


Hi folks! Just a quick post tonight to share my submission for the latest CASE Study challenge. Here is the lovely inspiration card by August Muse, Makiko Jones.

I used a similar design, orange and green, and a plaid background. The plaid was stamped with PTI's Distressed Stripes. The leaves were a $1 set by Inkadinkadoo that I found last fall. I inked the green and orange ones in two shades of ink to get a variegated effect, inspired by the multi-step stamping on Makiko's card.


Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Rustic Cream, Dark Chocolate, Terracotta Tile, Simply Chartreuse)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Distressed Stripes), Inkadinkadoo (leaves), Stampin' Up! (Just Believe)
Ink: Clearsnap (Terracotta, Moss Green), Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate), Martha Stewart (Tangerine), Ranger (Antique Linen)
Tools: Spellbinders (Labels 1 die), Fiskars (border punch)
Accessories: ribbon, thread

I'm not sure about the end result, it seems a little too busy. But I'm happy with the inside. Here's a peek:


That's it for me. Off to make some dinner and start the nightly routine. I appreciate your visit and your comments so much! Thanks for spending a part of your day here!

10 comments:

Dana said...

This has such gorgeous colors and patterns Christina...I love it.

Diane Jaquay said...

Just GORGEOUS! Love the color palette and your lovely plaid!

Jen Carter said...

Love your plaid!! That is super, super cute!

Laurie said...

Oh I love these fall colors! Sooo pretty!!

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty! I'm so ready for fall!

Jean Martin said...

Oooh fall card! Beautiful Christina! I love the leaves! I'm thinking of getting PTI's new leaf set after seeing this card.

Aimes said...

A gorgeous autumnal card, love your plaid pattern!
Thanks for taking part in this week's CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Love the plaid and those gorgeous Fall colors! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

chistina, this is super adorable! The plaid background makes me sigh...
Thanks so much for playing with us again this week! xxx

Sue Kohler said...

Christina, I love the way you use the distressed stripes set, this another WOW! Fabulous colours, elegant layout!! Thanks for joining us again this week at CASE study! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...