August 31, 2010

CASE Study challenge #3 & Curtain Call Act 45


Hi folks! I'm back with my submission for two challenges. The first is CASE Study challenge #3, which uses another gorgeous card by Makiko Jones as inspiration. The second is the latest Curtain Call Color Challenge which is absolutely lovely! Check it out:





I was completely taken by those beautiful 3D flowers on Makiko's card. She kept the rest of the card fairly simple to let those blooms take center stage, so I wanted to do the same on my card. I turned the sketch on its side to better fit my sentiment. The flowers were cut out with the Beautiful Blooms dies from PTI, then I de-bossed them with the Polka Dot impression plate. I sponged them with some white ink to draw out the polka dot texture a bit.

The leaves are from PTI's Turning a New Leaf, stamped in Versamark onto Pear Pizzazz cardstock and cut out by hand. I finished the card with pearls and punched corners like Makiko's card, plus I added some stitching around the kraft mat.

Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz), Papertrey Ink (white), Bazzill (kraft)
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Turning a New Leaf, Beautiful Blooms II), Fiskars (Make a Wish Quotes)
Ink: Ranger (Eggplant), Jo-Ann (white), Studio G (green), Versamark
Tools: Spellbinders (Labels 4 die), Papertrey Ink (flower dies), Martha Stewart Crafts (corner punch)
Accessories: Queen & Co. (pearls), thread

Here's a peek at the inside, too. I stamped the Beautiful Blooms and leaves and punched the corners to match the outside.


My daughter is off to her first day of Kindergarten tomorrow, so it will be a busy day keeping my son occupied. But I promise to be back soon! Thanks so much for your lovely comments, and for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! Love all those pearls!

Stacey Schafer said...

oh! so gorgeous, Christina! love your use of the colors this week...beautiful:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Jean Martin said...

Wow! What a great card Christina! I love how you always do wonderful things with the beautiful blooms set. I have it but I can't seem to make good things with it! I should try some more. I can't believe you cut out those leaves by hand. Wow!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, Christina - you certainly rocked this one! I looove the blooms, you must have spent hours making them, especially the leaves... WOW!
Thanks so much for playing! xxx

Dana said...

Christina this is such a beautiful card. I just love your dimensional blue flowers. I also love how you double stamped them on the inside...it looks like a totally different stamp! Just lovely.

Nerina said...

This is unbelievably beautiful!! I love the colours you've used in this - and how you've interpreted them! Your flowers are gorgeous! I couldn't believe what you'd done on the outside ... and then you treated us to the inside as well! So creative - so beautiful!

Sue Kohler said...

Oh Christina I am so going to CASE this little beauty!! You have certainly done it again, incorporating all the colours perfectly, those flowers are just devine!! Definately deserving of the top 3 at CASE study! Thanks for sharing your talent at Curtain Call and Case study this week! :)

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I love the polka dots on the flowers! Beautiful!!

Aimes said...

A beautiful card, Christina! Love all the texture you've added to those flowers - simply gorgeous!
Thanks so much for taking part in this week's CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! I love those polka dotted flowers!

Diane Jaquay said...

How PRETTY, LOVE those flowers!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super awesome, Christina! I love that color purple and those gorgeous flowers with those pretty pearls in the centers! And that stitching is fabby, I don't think I'd have the courage to turn the corners on my cards, I'd probably go right off the paper, lol! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thank you so much for your comment on the OA blog today!!!
I really LOVE your blog!! Really inspiring!!

Lindsey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...