August 24, 2010

CASE Study challenge #2 & Wee Memories #19



Hi everyone! Just a quick post to share my entry in this week's CASE Study challenge. I missed out on the first week of this new challenge blog last week, so I'm glad to submit this time. If you haven't heard of this challenge yet, it was started by the fabulously talented Iwona Palamountain (aka Chupa). Each week features an inspiration card by the month's "muse", and this month it's Makiko Jones. Edited to add: This card also qualifies for the Scrappy Saturday Challenge at Wee Memories, which calls for sweet treats and ribbon!



For my card, I decided to use the same basic design, just on a square card. I stamped, colored, and layered two cupcakes, then added some glossy accents to the cherry and heart and used a Spica glitter pen on the sprinkles and icing swirls (which doesn't really show up in the photos). I also love the green gingham bow on Makiko's card, so I used a chartreuse saddle-stitched ribbon on mine. Finally, instead of rhinestones in the corners I added two chartreuse buttons to one of the top corners to balance out the bow.


Cardstock: Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Hawaiian Shores)
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket (Garden Variety)
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio (Cupcakes), Fiskars (Make a Wish Quotes)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, Chai Tea Dye), Clearsnap (Scarlet)
Tools: Spellbinders (Labels 1 die)
Accessories: Papertrey Ink (ribbon, buttons), DMC floss, Glossy Accents
Coloring medium: Prismacolor Premier pencils, OMS, Spica glitter pen

This was definitely more of a challenge for me having no specific directions, such as a color combo or sketch, so I look forward to more of these in the coming weeks to see where inspiration leads me! If you'd like to play along, hurry over to the CASE Study blog before this week's challenge ends tonight!

By the way, I have several more crochet flowers to put up in my Etsy shop just as soon as I can get some decent pictures. It's finally raining here, which is a blessing for the plants but isn't so great for lighting! I'll let you know when they're posted!

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Dana said...

Oh wow, this just lights up my screen. What a happy, cheerful card with great composition. The perfect amount of red, blue, and green with a balance of white. Awesome.

Sue Kohler said...

What a fabulous take on Maki's card Christina!! Your cupcakes look good enough to eat! Your colour selection is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Yay Christina! So happy to see you playing along! It's a super cute card with great colours and homey feel. Love it! Thanks so much for taking thw time, I hope you'll come back for the new challenge tomorrow!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this Christina, so festive!!

Nance said...

This is so festive and what a great sentiment for this card. I love the mix of colors and patterns you've used and the coloring of the cupcakes is fantastic. The buttons do balance out that yummy bow perfectly. Such a great card...hugs!

Debbie said...

What a great card. I love the cupcakes & your sponging around the sentiment. I am north of Boston, too :)

Marisa said...

I LIVE by that sentiment LOL! Great work highlighting it.

Aimes said...

Love this! That sentiment is great along with those happy colours!
Thanks for taking part in the CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Court said...

Very cute! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Monica K. said...

This is great! Such a fun card!

shafarina said...

It's a great card in sweet colors.

Michele Gross said...

Just delightful! Really fun and cute :) Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

Simone said...

Such a fun and cute card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Cute and colorful birthday card.

Laurie said...

Love this! Too cute!

Laurel said...

LOVE this, great job, thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

AnitaRex said...

What a lovely card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...